Gas Appliance Servicing
At Seaburn Gas we recommend getting your gas appliances serviced annually.
Which Gas Appliances do we service?
- Gas boilers
- Gas fires
- Water Heaters
- Hot water cylinders
- Warm air units
Regularly servicing your gas appliances ensures that they continue to work safely and efficiently.
What is a service?
Our gas engineers will carry out a full inspection of the gas appliance(s) and will:
- Visually inspect the appliance, air vents and flues for any deterioration and leaks
- Clean any dust/debris from parts and inside of the combustion cover (this does not include removing sludge from boiler/system)
- Carry out a performance test to ensure that it is operating efficiently and safely
- Inspect the appliance and the controls to ensure that they are operating safely
- Use a flue analyser to check the performance and emissions
- Carry out a gas pressure check to ensure that the appliance is operating at the correct gas pressure
- Advise on necessary remedial action if any faults are identified
Why should I service my gas appliance every year?
- Safety – reduces the risk of the gas appliance developing deadly leaks of gas and carbon monoxide
- Avoid costly breakdowns – minor faults which are left untreated may turn into more expensive repairs
- Maintain warranty
- Maintain optimum efficiency
Signs that your gas appliance needs to be serviced sooner
As advised by Gas Safe, ask a Gas Safe registered engineer to service your appliance as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Your gas appliance is not working properly
- Your appliance is burning with a lazy yellow flame instead of a crisp blue flame
- You can see black marks or stains on or around your gas appliances
- The pilot light keeps going out
- There is increased condensation in the room
Visit Gas Safe Register for further information on Gas Safety in the Home.
Why choose us for your service?
- Gas Safe Registered
- Annual service reminders
- Engineers with a wealth of experience and knowledge
- Which ‘5 Star’ Trusted Trader
- Engineers who take great care and leave your house exactly as they found it
Have you got a CO2 Alarm?
Get a CO2 alarm fitted during your repair/service for only £25!