At Seaburn Gas we recommend getting your gas boilers serviced annually.
Regularly servicing your gas boiler ensures that they continue to work safely and efficiently.
What is a service?
Our gas engineers will carry out a full inspection of the gas boiler and will:
- Visually inspect the appliance, air vents and flues for any deterioration and leaks
- Clean any parts (if necessary) and any inside casing services
- Carry out a performance test to ensure that it is operating efficiently and safely
- Inspect the boiler and the controls to ensure that they are operating safely
- Use a flue analyser to check the performance and emissions
- Carry out a gas pressure check to ensure that the boiler is operating at the correct gas pressure
- Take any necessary remedial action if any faults are identified
Why should I service my gas boiler every year?
- Safety – reduces the risk of the gas appliance developing deadly leaks of gas and carbon monoxide
- Avoid costly breakdowns – minor faults which are left untreated may turn into more expensive repairs
- Maintain warranty
- Maintain optimum efficiency
Signs that your gas boiler needs a service sooner
As advised by Gas Safe, ask a Gas Safe registered engineer to service your boiler as soon as possible if you notice any of the following:
- Your gas boiler is not working properly
- Your boiler is burning with a lazy yellow flame instead of a crisp blue flame
- You can see black marks or stains on or around your gas boiler
- The pilot light keeps going out
- There is increased condensation in the room
Visit Gas Safe Register for further information on Gas Safety in the Home.
Did you know?
we offer service plans which include an annual boiler service and also cover your boiler and heating system in the event of a breakdown.
Have you got a CO2 Alarm?
Get a CO2 alarm fitted during your repair/service for only £25!